Uplinkearth is my server/site provider or whatever. I don't really understand any of it...but I pay my money every year to keep my Marcyphotos.com site up and working. That is all I know. A few weeks ago I decided to wanted to move this little blog to my own domain (will be Marcywrites.com) and to the Wordpress platform to have more control over layout and photo size. So I contact a person who does this sort of thing, and give her every single username and password I have for my domain, the server, my blog etc. She e-mails me to tell me she cannot get Uplinkearth to add my new domain to my profile. So I agree to contact them. That is when the hell began. Here is the sequence.
1. Use the Live Chat feature they promote-and I am told 'you can not make that change on-line, you need to call support number' (now this is an INTERNET company. Why on earth CAN'T I do this simple change on line?)
2. Call Support number. Wait 35 minutes. I am disconnected
3. Call Support number again. Wait an HOUR and half. I give up...
4. I go back on line and e-mail the company.
5. Call Tech number and beg to be transferred over to Support. They refuse and tell me to call direct.
6. Call Support number again. On hold for close to 2 hours. I carry the phone with me around the house on speaker....Tucker accidentally hangs it up. I cry. I actually CRY.
7. Back on line. E-mail every e-mail address I can find online. Every department.
8. Find an obscure fax number from press release online. I fax them the following:
" I am desperate. Whoever receives this fax...please help me"
I am a hostage. This was note to the outside. Still no one calls. No one e-mails.
9. Find a contact number for an executive for their parent company Luxmovera. I call his extension. I leave a message. I then call and use about 20 random extensions until someone answers. I explain my frustration. The guy is nice. But HE can't help me. He actually suggests I call SUPPORT number. I cry. He then gives me a 'special' direct number and tells me to call in the morning.
10. Stay up till midnight to try and call their 24/7 support line. On hold. Falling asleep. Give up.
11. 7:00am come downstairs and dial 'special number'. Man answers. He wants to know HOW I got his number. I explain whole story. He is MAD. But not at me. At his company. I think this may have been the darn CEO for all I know. He hangs up. Takes care of everything. Calls me back 10 minutes later and says it is all taken care of. I tell him thank you of course and hang up. He calls back again to tell me he just doubled checked my profile himself and he wanted me to know it was all really fixed. I say thanks again.
So it is over. My hostage ordeal is over. I made it out alive. But I am worse for the ordeal. I am stunned a company can treat its customers like this- and yet in big bold letters have "24/7 Support!!!" on their home page. LIES. all LIES. And I can not switch providers since I just paid my annual fee.....I would lose it.(unless uplink will refund me...are you reading this Uplink?) But I can ASSURE you I will switch when this year is up. Oh yes I will......until then..... Upyours-Uplink.....