I'm A Blogger....R You?
- Dry, Blurry Eyes from too much screen time.
- Need a root touch up/haircut
- spaced out look...planning next blog post while listening to others
- Tense shoulders from lack of comments
- Pathetic self promoting tee
- Extra lbs from avoiding the gym
- sore back from HOURS hunched over keyboard
- Notebook in pocket for all those ideas...
- phone in hand to Twitter night and day
- possible 'Blogger Butt"
- Nail polish chipped at tips from constant typing
- Carpal Tunnel developing...going to buy gel wrist pad next week
- legs: white from not seeing daylight in months
- Comfort shoes (slippers, Ughs, whatever....)
Happy to e-mail image to any fellow bloggers out there!
Today is the last day of School! (for my kids anyway...)
When I was a kid (a long, long time ago) on the last day of school, some kids (not this kid-but OTHER kids- those risky ones) would take their old gym shoes and tie the laces together and throw them over the telephone wires on the way home from school (yes, back then we were allowed to walk to school-shocking I know).....and there the shoes would dangle for all the world to see - forever. Seemed like they never came down. I remember gazing out the back of our wood panelled station wagon on the way to the Alpha Beta grocery store and see the same pairs of shoes, on the same wires - for years. Now most of the phone wires in the OC are buried underground, and most public schools don't even offer gym class (P.E. I mean)...so this whole bizarre tradition is disappearing. I was surprised to read online, that people have attributed this tradition to have other meanings...but I remember very clearly why we did it. We did it because it was funny. We did it because we knew would make the 'grown-ups' mad. And mainly we did it because - well, because-we could.
Oh lookie here- ANOTHER mom website...but wait hold on- this one is kinda interesting...it asks all kinds of questions (gay marriage? biggest secret? what do you think of your in-laws?) and you can comment totally ANONOMOUSLY. Yup- here you can be really really honest.....not that I hold back on this blog! Fun to read answers too....makes you feel kinda...well, NORMAL! Check it out HERE.