Movie was made with cousins in my sister-in-law's basement. Because I can not just do nothing on vacation! I am thinking this is probably pretty inappropriate to have kids be mocking a BAR...but we thought it was pretty darn funny...let me know what you think!
- Saw an Amish farmer with his horse and plough working the farm.
- Tried to talk Jack out of Moccasin purchase- it didn't work....
- Learned how cheese was made after travelling thru gorgeous farm country.
- Drank a wonderful grape soda I have never heard of...bottle said made in Mine-SODA....get it? Jack thought it was hysterical....
- Counted 11 roadkill on the country road.
- Visited a historical group of log cabins. Explained the Out-House concept to kids...
- Toured the bizarre tourist trap "The upside down White House"
- Took kids to a haunted house- and they walked back out after first room.
- Took kids to a place called the "Looney Bin" for a tour. Considered checking myself in...
- Went to a Deer petting farm- and saw rabbits feet, rabbit pelts and more stuffed dead animals (including deer!) for sale.
- Took photos of some amazing old-school motels
- Bought gas for under $4!
- Had lunch at a Caribbean themed restaurant- which was confusing for my brain. Until I used the ladies room where I saw a dead animal mounted over the door- and I was immediately reminded I was IN WISCONSIN and NOT the Caribbean.
- Swam again in the world's largest waterpark- only lost kids 6 times-less than yesterday.
- Went to a dinner theater production of Footloose, where during intermission a family came up to us and asked if my Jack was THE Jack from the magic show the night before. After they walked away- Jack says "Seems I have quite the fan base in the Dells!".
- Got laughter induced asthma from Jack's comment....
- Sang all the songs from Footloose in the car home with the kids- and totally relived my college Musical Theater days....is this regret I feel?
- Told Tucker he should not sleep in his bathing suit (wants to be prepared for tomorrow)....I am pretty sure he got in his bed with it on- and I am too tired to check.
The year: 1971.
The plan: slumber party
Apparently the kids were sent to sleep in some sort of bizarre storage pantry with crates for shelves full of fruit and bags of coffee (I hope it is coffee). Most disturbing? The body-less Ragady Ann head on the top crate. After layering the floor with a sea of patterns, a popcorn machine with insanely large popcorn kernels was placed on the floor for nurishment. Thirsty? Take a sip of mystery beverage out of the flower pot we provided kids! Do I even need to mention the egg on the wall? Do I? Sleep well kiddies.....sleep well.
Oh lots more happened today- including the Rick Wilcox magic show in which Jack was asked to go on stage. He did so much and was so funny...people asked to take pictures with Jack after the show! Oh he was loving it big time! And we ate at a place called 'Moosejaw" where I was greated by MORE dead animals all over the place...but a killer chicken soup. Oh and paper antlers for all of us to wear....but I am having fun...especially since the idea of 'dressed up' seems to be 'puttin on my good flip flops'....this place takes casual to a whole new level folks!
What are you looking at? This is a piece of an wrist-band given to all the students at a private OC Lutheran High School before a school dance. As it was explained to me...everyone gets one and if a teacher sees you 'freaking' they cut it off your wrist. If a teacher sees you dancing inappropriately again-and you have no band to cut off...you must leave the dance. Effective I suppose...but is pretty freaking funny to me.
Please ignore my appearance in the video. I had just completed a road trip from Chicago to Wisconson and then spent the rest of the day in the "world's largest" waterpark- all while being watched by dead animals. It is all explained in the video...I think....
- Go to school, go to bed, clean my room, clean my hamster cage, brush my hair, brush my teeth, ………Ah-DON’T brush the hamster (learned that the hard way!) Let’s see what else is there…..
- Don’t do drugs, Don’t talk to strangers, …………DON’T see if eggs, marshmallows or moms cell phone will explode in the microwave.
- Wear a jacket, wear a helmet,………….Oh-don’t wear a t-shirt that says 'old people suck' while visiting your grandparents in the retirement home.
- I have to remember to Say please, Say thank you, say 'you don’t need to go to gym mom- you look great!' at least once a week.
- I can’t HIT my brother, can’t BUG my brother, can’t even LOOK at my brother, …..but somehow I have to still LOVE my brother. And the one I struggle with the most: be smart…… but don’t be a smart alec!
Thank you, thank you I will be here all week.....until summer that is!