A typical day being a tourist in Wisconsin Dells.
- Saw an Amish farmer with his horse and plough working the farm.
- Tried to talk Jack out of Moccasin purchase- it didn't work....
- Learned how cheese was made after travelling thru gorgeous farm country.
- Drank a wonderful grape soda I have never heard of...bottle said made in Mine-SODA....get it? Jack thought it was hysterical....
- Counted 11 roadkill on the country road.
- Visited a historical group of log cabins. Explained the Out-House concept to kids...
- Toured the bizarre tourist trap "The upside down White House"
- Took kids to a haunted house- and they walked back out after first room.
- Took kids to a place called the "Looney Bin" for a tour. Considered checking myself in...
- Went to a Deer petting farm- and saw rabbits feet, rabbit pelts and more stuffed dead animals (including deer!) for sale.
- Took photos of some amazing old-school motels
- Bought gas for under $4!
- Had lunch at a Caribbean themed restaurant- which was confusing for my brain. Until I used the ladies room where I saw a dead animal mounted over the door- and I was immediately reminded I was IN WISCONSIN and NOT the Caribbean.
- Swam again in the world's largest waterpark- only lost kids 6 times-less than yesterday.
- Went to a dinner theater production of Footloose, where during intermission a family came up to us and asked if my Jack was THE Jack from the magic show the night before. After they walked away- Jack says "Seems I have quite the fan base in the Dells!".
- Got laughter induced asthma from Jack's comment....
- Sang all the songs from Footloose in the car home with the kids- and totally relived my college Musical Theater days....is this regret I feel?
- Told Tucker he should not sleep in his bathing suit (wants to be prepared for tomorrow)....I am pretty sure he got in his bed with it on- and I am too tired to check.
Another.... Great day for me. Wish you were all here to share...meanwhile here are a million photos. You can match them up to the list above! Tomorrow we road trip it back to Chicago....and we are back home to California on the 21st. Yeah- I am a jet setter people....I TOLD you my life was glamorous didn't I?