Saturday

Jealous Much?

I have a thing for vintage advertisements. I search for and 'save as' on-line for no apparent reason at all. I have some originals framed in my house as well. I just love them. Some for the original artwork first, but also for the comedy. Take the one above. This woman loves her some meat. She loves it so much she got all dressed up in her pearls, hat and white gloves to go get her some meat. That, or she has a thing going on with her butcher....but I am pretty sure she got this dressed up just to pick out a lovely roast (does that say $3.05 on there?!) for her family. She takes her job seriously, and nothing makes her happier than a good ol' slab of beef. Why she even stopped to pose for a picture. It says 'look at me, I am fabulous, efficient and I love meat-jealous much?' Expect more of these ad posts- I litteraly got a tiggly excitement when I realized this was a strange hobby I could share on my blog. FINALLY I can put all these comedic thoughts to good use!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a silly hoot! not just silly and not just a hoot...both! don't ask...it's late. I'll be watching for more fun vintage ads.

ps you stretched your blog-I'll bet that's why you were so proud of yourself :) looks great!

Suzanne said...

I love vintage ads too. Just another thing we have in common... and Yes, I am jealous MUCH!

Anonymous said...

I love 'em too. In fact, as soon as I pulled up your blog I gave a little jealous sigh over your header. Waayyy cute! Can't wait to see some more.

Anonymous said...

I, too, am totally obsessed with the vintage housewife subculture. I'm totally going to blog-stalk you henceforth to see what you can dig up!