Sunday

Its got a good beat and you can dance to it......

I love music. I danced when I was younger and I think music has always stayed as an important part of my life. The thing is, I love ALL kinds of music. Recently when my husband and I were testing out our new HDTV and had it on a random HD channel-a Brad Pailey concert was playing. I began singing along and dancing around...and out of the corner of my eye I could see my husband in well,.... shock and disgust I think. "How in the WORLD do you know the words to this song? It is country!" he said......apparently I have managed to keep my love of country music in the closet for 10 years..... You know how when you are newly in love with a song- you can't wait to share it with a friend? Or if it comes on and you are with someone else you HAVE to turn it up and say "OMG you are going to LOVE this song! This song is my FAVORITE!" (This feeling wears off after you hear it for about 157 times...at 158 it is just not the same and you have moved on) Just for fun here are few of my recent downloads from itunes which are perfect for a run (okay walk) on my treadmill....check them all out and let me know what you think.... 1. Hello....by the Cat Empire (group from Austrailia that is regge, ska and big band and HAPPY) 2. Like a Feather by Nikka Costa (thanks to Suzanne for this reccomendation!) 3. Ain't Nothing Wrong with That by Robert Randolf & The Family Band (few years old-but hot) 4. Cobrastyle by Teddybears featuring Mad Cobra (bizarre and wonderful) 5. Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis (also odd lyrics- but upbeat and happy...I love happy songs) And from the playlist I title "Sweet Folky" I have these... 1. New Soul by Yael Naiim (from some commercial...and so lovely in the full version) 2. The way I Am by Ingrid Michealson (so simple and so perfect...and I love the claps) 3. See the World by Gomez (like a movie song or something....) 4. 1234 by Fiest (you know this from a commercial too- ironically I think it is for itunes!) 5. New Shoes by Paolo Nutini (again just darn happy...plus he has a cool name)

No comments: