Today while putting away the clean dishes (my #1 dreaded chore)...I noticed I have not only an eclectic collection of coffee mugs, but they span quite a long period of time in my life. And like a well choosen bumper sticker- a coffee mug can say a lot about who you are, who you THINK you are and of course- who you WANT people to THINK you are!
The black mug has the words "writer' on its side. This was given to me by a beloved playwriting professor at CSUF...and it is cherished. That little gift from him (probably a Lillian Vernor sale item) was the most prized possession as I moved into the great big world after college. I held the title of 'writer' very seriously. After I traded that dream for another- it stayed in the back of my cupboards. But I never gave it away...it moved with me for now 15 years....and ironically, with this new blog-I feel worthy to use this mug again. It has moved up to the front of the cupboard again. The others in the photo are (in order)......
- A polka-dot favorite. I have a set of 6. I love polka-dots.
- One I had painted while still single. Says 'They don't call me Sassy for nothing'....
- Another from the hand painting era. Says "she knew to imagine was everything"
- Tinker Bell...from my awesome husband. (I not am contractually obligated to say awesome before the word husband. He really is...he makes me coffee every morning)
- Say Cheese! Marcyphotos.com
- Life is Good (I have the sticker on my car too...kinda my motto!)
- And the latest from a recent trip to color-me-mine with the boys. I decided to put the year on it (and polka dots of course)...because this is going to be a year to remember. I can feel it!